Verso Tickets are now on sale to see Verso, acclaimed magician Helder Guimarães’ latest act. Performances will begin on September 19 at New World Stages; opening night is set for September 28.Verso, directed by Rodrigo Santos, premiered earlier this year at the Teatro do Bolhão in Porto, Portugal. The show promises to push the limits of magic and challenge just how much audiences are willing to believe what they see.In 2006, a 23-year-old Guimarães became the youngest magician to be awarded the title World Champion of Card Magic. He went on to be named Parlour Magician of the Year in 2011 and 2012 by the Academy of Magical Arts. Guimarães uses his background in theater to develop magic shows, including Nothing to Hide (which he co-created with Derek DelGaudio) and Borrowed Time. Helder Guimarães(Photo courtesy of Boneau/Bryan-Brown) Related Shows View Comments Show Closed This production ended its run on Nov. 27, 2016
The Trial Gardens at the University of Georgia will hold its annual plant sale in a virtual format this year. The sale will be open for online orders from 1 a.m. Wednesday, May 13, through 10 a.m. Friday, May 15, and plant pickup will be on Saturday, May 16, and Monday, May 18.A list of available plants can be found on the Trial Gardens website at ugatrial.hort.uga.edu. Interested buyers can view plants for sale on the Trial Gardens Facebook page at facebook.com/pg/trialgardens.uga/photos in the albums labeled “TG Plant Sale Plants Round 1,” “TG Plant Sale Plants Round 2” and “TG Plant Sale Plants Round 3.”All plants are in 1-gallon pots and are $3 to $5 per plant, said Brandon Coker, Trial Gardens manager and horticulture researcher.The gardens is offering the online plant sale in place of its 2020 Plantapalooza event, which was canceled due to the COVID-19 crisis.“Considering all that is happening, we have decided to make this a day of plenty for all of our wonderful followers,” Coker said. “Do keep in mind that all proceeds go towards paying for student labor and supplies for the continuation of the Trial Gardens, so consider what you spend as more of a donation, with the added benefit of receiving plants as our thank you.”To order plants, visit the Trial Gardens plant sale website at estore.uga.edu/C27063_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=348&SINGLESTORE=true, read the ordering instructions, choose the plants you wish to purchase and checkout. Under the “Additional Items” tab, select a time and day to pick up your order, and add it to your cart. Continue to checkout and you will receive a confirmation when payment is complete and the order is received.Pickup for the plant sale this year is at 111 Riverbend Road, Athens, Georgia, not at the Trial Gardens. Plants can be picked up from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturday, May 16, and from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Monday, May 18.To adhere to social distancing guidelines, the pickup procedure is as follows.Go to 111 Riverbend Road in Athens, and follow signs for the Trial Gardens Plant Sale. Park in the designated parking lot, look for volunteers helping direct traffic. A Master Gardener Extension Volunteer will come to your vehicle and get your name, then staff will fulfill the order, bring it to your vehicle and load it for you. Please stay in your vehicle unless you need to get out to assist with opening the door or trunk.If you are unable to make your originally selected pickup time, please email Brandon Coker at email@example.com.
2nd Annual Genesis Group Charity Golf Tournament brings out the best. $4000 Raised to Help Families of North Country Kids.The 2nd Annual Genesis Group Charity Golf Tournament to benefit Burlington’s Ronald McDonald House continues a proud tradition. A total of $4000 was raised to help this local charity continue it’s mission of love and support. The RMH is a temporary home away from home for families of sick or injured children who must travel to the Vermont Childrens’ Hospital at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington for medical attention. Since 1984, the house has been home to more than 7000 family members from throughout upstate New York, Vermont and New Hampshire.”We’re thrilled,” says President Joe Colucci, “to help Ronald McDonald House Charities here in Vermont and their enduring mission of hospitality, friendship and support. It’s all about helping children. I can’t think of a better reason to get friends together and spend a day golfing.”
He made the remark at a press conference after meeting with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and others.”For the most part, there is no change in the trend of decline (in new infection cases),” Nishimura said, despite a slight rise in new cases for Tokyo and Hokkaido over the weekend. Kanagawa and Hokkaido also did not meet the required level for new infections in the past week.The Tokyo metropolitan government said 14 new cases of infections in the capital were confirmed on Sunday. It reported just two new cases in the capital Saturday, the lowest single-day tally since Abe declared the state of emergency last month.But Tokyo has averaged around 7.1 new cases per day for the past week, 10 less than the requirement needed to lift the state of emergency declaration. A Kyodo News tally compiling data in the week through Saturday showed that new infections stood at 0.29, falling below 0.5 per 100,000 people in the past week — one of the criteria for the government and experts on whether to ease the emergency.New infections in Kanagawa Prefecture were the highest of the five at 0.7, while Hokkaido was at 0.57. Saitama and Chiba prefectures stood at 0.2 and 0.1, respectively.Kanagawa and Hokkaido are also on a downward trend despite both failing to meet the criteria, according to Nishimura.”We will make a decision based on the whole picture by analyzing matters such as the percentage of cases with untraceable routes, clusters, and in-hospital infections,” he said.Five new cases were confirmed in Kanagawa on Sunday, while Hokkaido confirmed 15 new cases, reporting double-digits for the first time since May 12.Chiba Prefecture has not reported any new infection cases for three days up to Sunday, while Saitama Prefecture has not reported any since last Tuesday.Earlier in the day, health minister Katsunobu Kato said Japanese medical institutions are seeing a lightening of their coronavirus caseload.”The number of new infections has been falling each day and that is also the case in areas under the state of emergency,” Kato said, in reference to the five areas.”The tight medical situation has become more relaxed,” he said on an NHK program.More than 13,000 people have been discharged from hospitals or have completed treatment for COVID-19, the pneumonia-like disease caused by the coronavirus, and over 2,000 patients are currently hospitalized, according to Kato.”About 15 percent of hospital beds secured (by the government) are being used in the country on average. The rate stands at 20 percent in Tokyo,” said Kato, the minister of health, labor and welfare.With the number of infections seemingly past a peak, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe ended the emergency over the virus in 42 prefectures.The emergency declaration requesting that citizens refrain from nonessential outings and that businesses suspend operations was expanded to cover the entire nation on April 16 and later extended to run until the end of May.Despite the emergency having been lifted in the vast majority of the country, infectious disease experts have been calling on the public to remain alert for a second wave of infections.Topics : Japan plans to fully lift the state of emergency in the Tokyo metropolitan area and Hokkaido on Monday, a minister said Sunday, given a decline in the number of new coronavirus cases and improved medical systems.Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama and Hokkaido were the last remaining areas under the measure among the country’s 47 prefectures.Economic revitalization minister Yasutoshi Nishimura, who is in charge of the emergency response, said an advisory panel of health experts will meet on Monday morning to discuss the lifting of the measure.
After becoming Prince Harry’s girlfriend and then a Duchess, Markle leaned on Serena for mentoring on how to handle the paparazzi and the international media. And last summer, Meghan watched Serena play at two matches during Wimbledon, before flying to the US to watch the tennis star in the US Open Tennis final. Jolly good fellow Serena and Meghan In November last year, she opened up about their close friendship, telling Access Hollywood that the Duchess of Sussex was ‘always’ there for her. Read Also Tennis ace asks shocked ball-girl to peel his banana at Australian Open She said: ‘I call her, text her anytime, crying, she’s always there. ‘It doesn’t matter what she is going through, she sets time aside and that’s amazing.’ Promoted Content18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist Magnets6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes7 Mysterious Discoveries Archaeologists Still Can’t Explain2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?The Best Cars Of All TimeYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Twenty four Grand Slam chasing Serena Williams parried questions about her close friend Meghan Markle on Monday at the ongoing Aussie Open in Melbourne. The 37-year-old mother of one was questioned about the Harry, Duke of Sussex, 35, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, 38, after playing in her first match in which she defeated Russian Anastasia Potapova in straight sets 6-0 6-3. The 23-Grand slam champion appeared visibly uncomfortable when asked about the royal couple, folding her arms and stating: ‘I have absolutely no comments on that.’ Over the weekend it was announced that the Sussexes – who will split their time between Canada and Windsor – would no longer be using their HRH titles or perform royal duties. Serena and Meghan have become close friends after meeting at the Super Bowl Party in 2010 and the duo oiled the friendship through frequent phone calls and texts. Serena chats with Potapova after defeating the Russian in two straight setsAdvertisement
EAST MOLINE, Ill. – A return to Quad City Speedway and top billing at Hamilton County Speedway’s Thursday Night Thunder special are next up on the Deery Brothers Summer Series schedule.IMCA Late Model tour feature winners earn $3,000 on Wednesday, July 22 at East Moline, and on Thursday, July 23 at Webster City, Iowa. A minimum of $300 will be paid to start the main event each night.Pit gates open at 4 p.m., the draw closes at 6:30 p.m. and racing follows 6:55 p.m. hot laps at Quad City, where mod lites and street stocks complete the card.Reserved seating is $18; grandstand admission is $15 for adults, kids ages 6-12 are $8 and five and under are free.The Thursday Night Thunder program during the Hamilton County Fair boasts Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modifieds in a $1,000 to win Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot qualifying event.IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods also race for $1,000 to win, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks for $500 to win and Mach-1 Sport Compacts for $150 to win.IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, regional and Allstar Performance State, but no local track points will be awarded.Pit passes are $30 both nights.Seven-time series champion Jeff Aikey of Cedar Falls, Iowa, raced to his career-leading 64th Deery win when the series visited Quad City Speedway in May. That was the 17th tour event held at East Moline since 1990.Hamilton County’s tour tenure dates to 1987, the series’ inaugural season. Brian Harris of Davenport, Iowa, won the most recent of the 27 Deery races held there in June of 2013.More information about the Wednesday night show is available at the www.qcspeedwayracing.com website or by calling 309 792-5030; and about the Thursday show at the www.hamiltoncospeedway.com website or by calling 515 832-5382.Deery Brothers Summer Series top 20 point standings – 1. Justin Kay, Wheatland, Iowa, 518; 2. Andy Nezworski, Buffalo, Iowa, 503; 3. Jeff Aikey, Cedar Falls, Iowa, 476; 4. Scott Fitzpatrick, Wheatland, Iowa, 457; 5. Joe Zrostlik, Long Grove, Iowa, 428; 6. Ryan Dolan, Lisbon, Iowa, 408; 7. Tyler Bruening, Decorah, Iowa, 391; 8. Tyler Droste, Waterloo, Iowa, 390; 9. Todd Malmstrom, Silvis, Ill., 388; 10. John Emerson, Waterloo, Iowa, 383; 11. Jeremy Grady, Story City, Iowa, 360; 12. Charlie McKenna, Clear Lake, Iowa, 337; 13. Darrel DeFrance, Marshalltown, Iowa, 313; 14. Andy Eckrich, Oxford, Iowa, 312; 15. Joel Callahan, Dubuque, Iowa, 275; 16. Ray Guss Jr., Milan, Ill., 267; 17. Jason Rauen, Farley, Iowa, 255; 18. Brian Harris, Davenport, Iowa, 238; 19. Kyle Hinrichs, Swisher, Iowa, 212; 20. Corey Zeitner, Omaha, Neb., 198.
Indianapolis, In. — The Indiana Department of Child Services is using federal dollars to expand services for older youth up to age 23. Gov. Eric Holcomb and the agency’s federal partner – the Children’s Bureau – recently signed a certification allowing the state to tap into federal John H. Chafee Foster Care Independence Program funds. The certification follows an agency-wide assessment by the Child Welfare Policy and Practice Group (CWG) that recommended DCS extend older youth services.Last year, President Donald Trump signed the Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA), legislation that changes the way Title IV-E funds can be spent by the state. The Chafee Program uses those federal dollars to help states offer independent living programs to youth who are aging out of the foster care system but still need assistance. The act extends resources for older youth by two years; the Chafee program was previously limited to foster youth up to age 21. The extension is effective Feb. 18, 2019, and grandfathers in children who turned 21 on or after Feb. 8, 2018, when Trump signed the FFPSA.“Our older foster youth need all the help they can receive to ensure a smoother start into adulthood, whether that’s to offset living costs or funding their education,” DCS director Terry Stigdon said. “Extending services for two more years ensures they have crucial resources at their disposal as long as we can provide them.”The Indiana Department of Child Services has been working with its service providers, partners and stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition for older youth currently in the system who are eligible for the extension.“Most of us still rely on the support of our family after age 18, but without a family, many foster youth struggle to complete school and then become homeless after leaving foster care,” said Brent Kent, Connected by 25 CEO. “These services will promote independence and help Indiana foster youth transition into adulthood successfully. Extending foster care services is a tremendous step toward ensuring the success and well-being of Indiana youth exiting foster care.”There are currently 121 Hoosiers receiving voluntary services through DCS and their partners.
Bebe’s nightmare spell at Manchester United has finally come to an end after he was sold to Benfica. On Friday, Benfica confirmed they had bought the player, releasing a statement on their website which read: “Bebe has signed an agreement with SL Benfica for four years.” Press Association United paid Vitoria de Guimaraes £7.4million for the striker in 2010, but he only started three games – all in the cup competitions. The 24-year-old, who made seven appearances in total, never looked like making it into the United first team and he was shipped out on loan to Besiktas, Rio Ave and Pacos de Ferreira.
A former West Palm Beach employee could be receiving a whopping $180,000 from the city as part of a settlement in connection to a graphic image and her recent firing.Former city employee Sharagay Esposito is said to have received a picture of graphic nature and was fired on Oct. 4. for unrelated reasons.She worked for the city since 2000 and reportedly showed the graphic image during her termination hearing.Mayor Keith James said once he heard about the scandalous image from then-Assistant City Administrator Faye Johnson, he asked for the resignation of City Administrator Jeff Green.Mayor James told WPTV that he had evidence that “a very graphic text was sent and that Green was in the text chain.”However, city officials have not disclosed who sent the picture.The settlement has been placed on the city’s agenda for approval, which is set for Monday.Mayor James broke the news about the settlement to city commissioners during a commissioner meeting on Nov. 4.He said he was unable to disclose the situation sooner because it had “quickly escalated into a sensitive legal matter”The settlement was an effort to spare the city an expensive lawsuit by Espositio, James added.City Commissioner Richard Ryles said the settlement and the allegations around it had taken him by complete surprise.Ryles stressed the high cost of the settlement, saying that “in his 30 years of being an attorney he had never seen a municipality settle a pre-suit for “that much money.”Ryles is asking for more information before approving the settlement.
Also listed to have accepted to be in Lagos is former Is Ivory Coast defensive midfielder for 14 years, Didier Zokora.Zokora left Tottenham Hotspur to join Trabzonspor in the Turkish topflight. It was not long ago that Zokora who is the most capped Elephant dumped Indonesia club, Semen Padang, to end his club career.One of the Organisers of the game, ex international, Waidi Akanni, announced yesterday that Kadeer Naira and Tienne Siaka have also signified their intentions to team up with several others including former Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba, Senegal’s El -Hajj Diouf, Drogba’s former Elephants teammate, Kolo Toure, Ghanaian duo of Michael Essien and Stephen Appiah and former French star, Christian Karembu to storm Lagos.From the home front, ex internationals like Samson Siasia, Nwankwo Kanu, Austin Jay Jay Okocha, Joseph Yobo, Julius Aghahowa and several others have been listed to participate in the African All-Stars versus Nigerian Legends.In all, 21 African football legends including Drogba and Liberian President, George Weah, have been selected to participate in ‘The Match’.Speaking at a media parley in Lagos recently to announce the project, Akanni who along with Samson Siasia are the chief architects of The Match, said Gov Ambode has made laudable sports development in Lagos that he’s worth celebrating.“As internationals, we have seen the infrastructural developments in Lagos under Gov Ambode. The Onikan Stadium that has been abandoned over the years is under reconstruction to meet FIFA standard. Teslim Balogun Stadium is undergoing similar reconstruction while the Agege and Epe Stadiums are in fantastic shape not to talk of the Maracana Sports complex in Ajegunle.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Duro IkhazuagbeAFCON 2019 qualifiers leading scorer with six goals, Odion Ighalo, has joined the long list of past and present stars of the game to feature in ‘The Match: A Celebration of Excellence in Sport’ project scheduled to hold March 16, 2019 at the Onikan Stadium in Lagos.The Changchun Yatai player in the Chinese Super League who is likely to return to Europe in the January Winter transfer window following the relegation of his team to the lower division was reported to be excited with the prospect of joining some of the biggest names in the game in the continent in extolling the giant strides made in sports development by Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode. Odion Ighalo scored two goals in Nigeria’s 3-2 defeat of Libya in an AFCON 2019 qualifier in Sfax, Tunisia last night