Breaking: Guests evacuated from hotel after fire in laundry room

first_imgGuests at the Villa Rose Hotel in Ballybofey had to be evacuated this morning after a small fire broke out in the laundry room.It is understood a tumble dryer caught fire in the basement of the building at around 7am.The alarm was sounded and a number of guests were evacuated from the hotel as a precaution. Fire service personnel from both Letterkenny and Stranorlar rushed to the scene within minutes.A total of three fire engines and two fire service jeeps attended the scene and the blaze was brought under control within an hour and a half.A spokesman for the fire service said the majority of the damage was smoke damage.Nobody was hurt during the incident. Breaking: Guests evacuated from hotel after fire in laundry room was last modified: August 8th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BallybofeydonegalfiresmokeVilla Rose Hotellast_img read more

Pavlof still rumbling but no more ash clouds

first_imgU.S. Geological Survey geologist Chris Waythomas says there’s still elevated seismicity, and the little explosions probably indicate lava fountaining at the summit.Download AudioA similar dying down of Pavlof on May 22, 2013. (Courtesy of Ryan Hazen and Brandon Wilson)Pavlof began erupting Sunday, sending up a massive ash cloud and disrupting some flights. Alaska Airlines resumed normal operations today.Waythomas says clouds now surround the top of the 8,000-foot volcano. He says eruptions could stop abruptly or go on for months. Pavlof erupted intermittently for more than two years from April 1986 to August 1988.last_img read more