Minister of National Security, Hon. Robert Montague, is calling on residents of St. Catherine to be on the lookout for wanted persons seeking to escape police dragnets.He said with the security forces undertaking enhanced security measures in the St. Catherine North Police Division, members of the criminal network in the area and elsewhere might want to hide among law-abiding citizens, and decent people need to help in keeping the communities safe from wrongdoers.“If they see strangers moving about in their communities, seeking places to rent, get in touch with the nearest police station to treat with the information, so that the police can assist them to keep their communities safe,” the Minister said.Mr. Montague, who spoke with JIS News, today (March 23), while visiting the Headquarters of the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) in St. Andrew, stressed that citizens must play their part in exposing areas where weapons are hidden and persons who are transporting them away from the communities now under the State of Public Emergency.He said persons with relevant information should call 311, which is a secure medium, and provide the details to the authorities.The Minister said that with four gangsters from Montego Bay in St. James being captured in a St. Catherine community, it shows how criminals are protecting each other.“It tells you that the criminals are networking, they hide each other; and we are asking for the cooperation of business persons with the early closing hours as we move to take back public spaces and restore order,” he said.On Sunday (March 18), Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, declared a State of Public Emergency in the St. Catherine North Police Division.As at March 22, some 350 persons were taken into custody, with most of them processed.The Minister reported that a number of persons have been arrested on warrants, and more than 40 of the detainees are being held pending processing and “further investigation”.
Ghaziabad: With the arrest of three persons, Ghaziabad police have busted a gang of auto robbers who used to target passengers in moving auto after keeping them hostage during the journey. Police officials said that the gang had also robbed an elderly woman with cash and valuables in Sihani Gate area of Ghaziabad, earlier on Saturday evening. According to police, the arrested accused have been identified as Pappan, Kuldeep Kashyap and Sonu Kashyap, all natives of Sahibabad area in Ghaziabad. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderShlok Kumar, Superintendent of Police (city), Ghaziabad said that the gang members board auto as passengers and rob the target during journey at gun/knifepoint. “The arrest was made by Sahibabad police on Sunday night from mother dairy roundabout. The modus operandi of this gang is somewhere similar to those auto robbers gangs which were arrested by police in past. One of the gang members drive the auto while other board as passengers. They rob the target during journey and dump the passenger at a secluded spot and flee away,” said Kumar. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsThe officer further said that the gang had robbed a woman with cash and valuables in Sihani Gate police station area on Saturday. “Upon interrogating them, they told police that on Saturday, they picked up the woman from old bus stand area. The other gang members who were also present in the auto robbed her with cash and mobile phone at knifepoint before dumping her. The woman suffered critical injuries in the incident while a case under relevant sections of IPC was registered at Sihani Gate police station,” added Kumar.
20120.8954Trent Richardson0.9972 YearAverage RatingPlayerRating 20090.8782Andre Smith0.9994 2019*0.9135Rashan Gary*1.0000 * ProjectedPlayers who weren’t rated in high school were assigned a rating of 0.7.Source: 247Sports.com Highest Rated 20100.9020Eric Berry0.9986 20160.9044Robert Nkemdiche1.0000 Everybody will be watching Josh Allen on Thursday night, four years after Allen struggled to find anybody to watch him. The former two-star recruit out of Montclair, New Jersey — now projected to be taken in the top five of the NFL draft — had only one initial Division I offer, from nearby Monmouth. But late in the 2015 recruiting cycle, when Kentucky had missed out on a handful of players and needed bodies, the Wildcats took a flier on Allen and gave him an SEC offer. Allen did the rest, breaking out with 17 sacks last season and winning the Bednarik Award as the country’s best defensive player.How does a 6-foot-5, 262-pound pass rusher end up overlooked? Allen didn’t always fit the mold of a future star. Kentucky’s 2015 roster listed him at just 210 pounds, and he didn’t start playing defensive end until his senior season in high school, after moving from Alabama to New Jersey.There will always be top NFL draft picks who were missed by the high school recruiting ratings. Philadelphia quarterback Carson Wentz, drafted No. 2 overall in 2016, was unrated out of high school, while Chicago pass rusher Khalil Mack, drafted fifth in 2014, was a two-star recruit like Allen. But those stories are the exceptions — the first round is still filled with players who caught the eye of recruiting websites while still in high school. We looked at the past 10 years of first-round picks and their ratings entering high school and found that players unrated or receiving a rating equivalent to less than three stars averaged just four slots in the first round. And in that time frame, the recruitment ratings of the first-round picks have actually been getting higher overall.These ratings of high school and junior-college players are based on highlight tapes, game stats, observations and recruiting camps. 247sports.com publishes a composite ranking, which averages the ratings from its own site, ESPN.com and Rivals.com. A perfect score would be 1.000, with the five-star prospects typically above 0.980. In 2009, the first-round picks averaged a 0.8782 rating in 247sports.com’s composite rankings, which combine the listings from all of the major recruiting services. That average peaked at 0.9156 in 2017. In 247sports.com’s 2019 composite rankings, that jump from 0.8782 to 0.9156 would equate to more than 300 spots (from 549th to 216th). Last year, the first-round average dipped back to 0.8961, the inexact science proven by Baker Mayfield, the other Josh Allen, unrated Boise State linebacker Leighton Vander Esch and pitcher-turned-tight end Hayden Hurst.This year’s projected first round was similarly highly recruited. We isolated the average top 32 picks using mock drafts, and those picks averaged a past recruiting ranking of 0.9135. Only Duke quarterback Daniel Jones, with a recruiting ranking of 0.7898, had a lower score than Allen’s 0.7965 of our projected first round.There were 10 future first-round picks among the top 50 high school recruits in 2014, eight among the top 50 in 2013 and 10 in 2012 — all high marks since 2008. For now, the 2015 recruiting class is off to a good start, after six of the top 50 recruits became first-round picks last spring, three years after graduating high school. Oklahoma’s Kyler Murray and Clemson’s Christian Wilkins are poised to join that group Thursday, pushing the total in the range of 2012-2014.The 2016 class of high school recruits will get started, too, when names like Dexter Lawrence, Rashan Gary, Ed Oliver and Nick Bosa — all juniors — break in. Then comes Alabama sophomore Tua Tagovailoa (most likely) in 2020, and Clemson freshman Trevor Lawrence in 2021. There are still plenty of opportunities for unsung high school recruits like Allen to make their mark in college, but the highly rated players are getting most of the attention in the NFL draft. 20130.8980Sharrif Floyd0.9970 20140.9012Jadeveon Clowney1.0000 20110.9015Julio Jones0.9992 20170.9156Leonard Fournette0.9996 20180.8961Derwin James0.9982 20150.9086D.J. Humphries0.9980 High school stars are getting lots of NFL loveThe average high school recruitment ratings for first-round NFL draft classes since 2009, along with the rating for this year’s class as projected by mock drafts
In this file photo taken on 28 April 2018, Iranian foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif is pictured during a meeting with his Russian counterpart in Moscow. Photo: AFPIran waved away US president Donald Trump’s claims that talks with the country’s leaders were imminent, saying “threats, sanctions and PR stunts won’t work”.With Washington pulling out of the landmark 2015 nuclear deal and set to reimpose full sanctions on Iran from 6 August, Tehran has responded coolly to Trump’s offer on Monday to talk “any time” without preconditions.“Threats, sanctions & PR stunts won’t work. Try respect: for Iranians & for (international) commitments,” tweeted foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.The Revolutionary Guards also made their opposition to talks clear.“The Iranian people do not authorise officials to meet the Great Satan… Mr Trump, Iran is not North Korea,” said General Mohammad Ali Jafari, commander of the Guards, in an open letter published in local media.Trump told a rally in Tampa, Florida earlier on Tuesday: “I have a feeling they’ll be talking to us pretty soon… And maybe not, and that’s OK too.”He used the occasion to again blast the “horrible, one-sided” 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers which he abandoned in May.“It’s a horror show,” Trump said.“I hope it works out well with Iran. They are having a lot of difficulty right now.”There was not yet an official response from the top leadership, but supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said a fortnight ago that talks with Trump would be “useless.”Scepticism is indeed rife in Tehran over Trump’s latest tactic, with one high-profile lawmaker saying negotiations would be a “humiliation.”- ‘People are worried’ -Despite the rejection, many Iranians are deeply concerned that sanctions could tip the country into a major crisis.Tehran’s Grand Bazaar was packed on Wednesday lunchtime as customers rushed to snap up goods for fear of what might happen when full sanctions return on Monday.“It’s been really busy these last few days. People are worried that if they don’t buy things today, they won’t be available tomorrow,” said Ali, who runs a kitchen store in the bazaar.“They are right-if I sell these knives, I won’t be able to get any more.”He said the reason was that wholesalers and importers were refusing to provide new stock, preferring to sit on their inventory until the extent of the economic crisis is better understood-a claim backed by other shopkeepers.The biggest sign of the crisis so far has been the collapse of the currency, which has lost two-thirds of its value since the start of the year, including a near-20-per cent drop on Sunday and Monday alone.The rial rallied slightly after Trump’s offer of talks, but still stood at 109,000 to the dollar on Wednesday morning-a figure that would have seemed incredible even a few months ago.Several Iranian public figures said it was impossible to imagine negotiations with Washington after all the hostility of recent months.“Iran & US had 2 yrs of talks. With U/E3+Russia+China, we produced a unique multilateral accord-the JCPOA (nuclear deal). It’s been working. US can only blame itself for pulling out & leaving the table,” Zarif wrote on Twitter.Ali Motahari, the high-profile deputy speaker of parliament, said: “With the contemptuous statements (Trump) addressed to Iran, the idea of negotiating is inconceivable. It would be a humiliation.”Only last week, Trump fired off an all-caps tirade at his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani on Twitter, warning of untold “suffering” if Iran continued to threaten the United States.“We cannot negotiate with someone who violates international commitments, threatens to destroy countries, and constantly changes his position,” said analyst Mohammad Marandi, of the University of Tehran, who was part of the nuclear negotiating team.Some officials remained more receptive.“Negotiations with the United States must not be a taboo,” said Heshmatollah Falahatpisheh, head of parliament’s foreign affairs commission, in an interview with the semi-official ISNA news agency.Motahari added that hardliners, who have long opposed any rapprochement with the US, share the blame for the collapse of the nuclear deal.“If the whole Iranian system had worked to implement this agreement, today we would be witnessing the presence of European companies in Iran and their investments, and even Trump would not be able to withdraw so easily from the deal,” he said.“But from the start one part of the system did not want the agreement to work.”The Trump administration says its “maximum pressure campaign” is designed to force Iran into a new deal that goes beyond limiting its nuclear program and includes curbs to its regional behaviour and missile program.