Paris Saint-Germain are edging closer to signing Danny Rose from Tottenham Hotspur, according to Express.The French champions want to sign Rose before the close of the transfer window closes on August 31. Rose has lost his starting berth in the Spurs team to Wales international Ben Davies and Tottenham are considering selling him at the right price to the right buyer.But Spurs might be forced to drop their demand for a £50million fee after competition for his services decreased with Schalke now out of the race.The German side, who were the one-time front-runners, opted to go for Lille’s Morocco international Hamza Mendyl instead of Rose.‘I’ve never done it!’ Harry Kane hits back at diving claims Andrew Smyth – September 9, 2019 Tottenham striker Harry Kane has hit back against suggestions accusing him of diving twice already in the new Premier League season.The Paris giants are keen on Rose, who could find himself third choice left-back in the Tottenham pecking order behind Ben Davies and Kyle Walker-Peters.Meanwhile, Besiktas have switched their attention to signing Fraser Forster from Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet. The Turkish club have been in search of a goalkeeper all summer, targeting the likes of Arsenal’s Petr Cech and Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet.Forster still has four years left to run on his contract but Saints boss Hughes has said he will listen to offers for him this month.
Sinisa Mihajlovic has sued Sporting Lisbon for €11m in damages citing wrongful dismissal and reputational damage.Mihajlovic was signed by President Bruno de Carvalho but he was then deposed by Sporting Lisbon’s Board of Directors.A new President was put in place who then fired Mihajlovic just nine days later. And he never even had the chance to arrive for pre-season training.Sporting Lisbon now confirm that Mihajlovic is suing them for €11.195m. Football Italia reports.“I can confirm that I was sacked without just cause by Sporting CP just a few days before the start of the contract that would’ve tied me to the club for three seasons.” Mihajlovic told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.Tottenham did not have the credentials to buy Fernandes George Patchias – September 5, 2019 Sporting president Varandas says Tottenham did not have the credentials to fulfill the bid for Bruno FernandesIn an interview with Sporting Lisbons president Frederico…“In the middle of June, I went to Lisbon to negotiate with the Sporting directors for my personal terms and those of my staff. On June 18, we signed a three-year contract that was due to start on July 1.“A few days later, President Bruno de Carvalho was removed from his post by the Board of Directors and on June 27 the club annulled my contract, claiming I had not passed the trial period set in the Portuguese rules for contracts.“However, they cannot say that because at that moment the contract hadn’t even started yet and I was still on vacation in Sardinia…“In 30 years of my career, as player and then Coach, I’ve never seen anything like it. I will have my rights respected, that you can count on.”
Real Madrid vice-captain and defender insists under-fire manager Julen Lopetegui still has the support of the players amidst a bad spell for the club.The European champions have struggled so far this season and are currently placed seventh in the Spanish LaLiga leaving Lopetegui under enormous pressure.A poor result could be a costly one for the former Spain national team head coach, but the Marcelo was clear that the man in the dugout has the support of those on the field.“We will try to turn the situation on its head, as we aren’t very bad but we want to improve,” he stated, according to Marca.“Lopetegui is trying to do everything possible to take Real Madrid as high as possible, where we have to be.”Marcelo doesn’t think Madrid needs more players Manuel R. Medina – August 20, 2019 According to Real Madrid defender Marcelo, the team doesn’t need more footballer as the transfer window is set to close really soon.“My motivation is to wake up every day, know that I’m a Real Madrid player and to fight every year for the Champions League.”“It’s very difficult, everyone said it was impossible to win three in a row, everyone said many things and now they don’t.”“That’s my motivation.”Marcelo is a doubt for this weekend’s El Clasico but is expected to overcome a midweek knock to face Barcelona on Sunday.
Liverpool great John Arne Riise revealed he would rather play under Jurgen Klopp than Jose Mourinho now as the Manchester United boss has changedThe former Norwegian left-back was still playing at Liverpool when Mourinho first arrived in the Premier League to take charge of Chelsea in 2004.The Portuguese spent three years at Stamford Bridge and won 124 of his 185 matches along with winning back-to-back league titles.However, nowadays Mourinho finds himself on the receiving end of a lot of criticism with United struggling down in sixth-place in the standings and 16 points adrift of leaders Liverpool.“I think Mourinho is different now to some years ago,” Riise told ESPN.“You mentioned him [talking negatively] in public about certain players. It’s something that is weird and strange. But he might have his reasons for doing it.Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“I don’t think people should question Mourinho and his tactics, but it looks weird from the outside.“I would rather play for Klopp at this time than Mourinho [because] of how they are as a manager. But I think the results speak for themselves also. Mourinho is a great manager, but I’m more on the Klopp side.“I used to be, and still am, a big fan of Mourinho because of how he set up his team when he came to Chelsea and how they played their football.“I have no problem admitting that I think Mourinho is brilliant, even though I played for Liverpool and Rafa [Benitez] was somebody else.“I personally love football and have no problem saying certain things about other teams or coaches. Mourinho, I think, was brilliant.”The Liverpool-United match will begin at 17:00 (CET) at Anfield on Sunday.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho believes Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp wouldn’t underestimate his team when both sides meet on Sunday.The Reds host United at Anfield looking to maintain their unbeaten run in the Premier League this season, and knowing a victory against their arch rivals will see them return to the top of the league.Notwithstanding, Mourinho is of the opinion that Klopp will not be underestimating the challenge that awaits, regardless of the visitors’ inconsistent campaign so far.“I think Liverpool are obviously very, very confident but I think they are not stupid. They also know the match they have with us is difficult,” Mourinho said, according to Goal.Crouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.“They also know that we have our weaknesses, our strengths, and I think they will respect our strengths.”“I think if they don’t do that I will be happy with that. But I think they know that the game is very difficult for them.”“They know that they need every point if they want to be champions so I think they are professionals and being professionals is respecting Manchester United. They know that we can go there and win.”
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp hailed Mohamed Salah’s goal as “world-class” as they made a welcome return to winning ways.Following back-to-back 1-1 draws in their last two Premier League games, Liverpool showed Bournemouth no mercy at Anfield to claim a convincing 3-0 win.Sadio Mane opened the scoring with a header in the 24th-minute from James Milner’s cross for his fourth goal in a row.10 minutes later, Georgino Wijnaldum found the net after controlling Andrew Robertson’s lofted pass and then raising the ball over Bournemouth keeper Artur Boruc.Then a brilliant bit of teamwork saw Milner, Naby Keita and Roberto Firmino all get in on the act with the latter’s backheel enabling Salah to finish the manoeuvre off by smashing it into the far corner of the net.“We were not happy with the performances from the previous two games and struggled a bit with set-pieces. There were a lot of things we had to improve,” Klopp told BBC.“We have high expectations and today we won in an impressive manner – we had some outstanding performances on the pitch. Goal number three was world-class.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“We wanted to show a reaction. It’s our job not only to come through but to really perform and convince.”Meanwhile, Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe was left frustrated that Mane’s opener wasn’t ruled out for offside and rued the effect it had on his squad.“I thought Liverpool were very good but we didn’t really deal with their main threats,” said Howe.“The first goal was offside but we never really recovered. We pride ourselves in never quitting. We lived on the edge a little bit but looked more of a threat in the second half.“We had some moments early in the match. We looked fine until that first goal went in.”Liverpool have now moved back to the top of the Premier League table on 65 points from 26 games.
Hundreds of people crowded the streets of Soldotna for the annual Progress Days Parade and to celebrate Soldotna, and get some free candy.Summertime isn’t over in Soldotna, though. For more information on events in Soldotna, click here. On Saturday the community of Soldotna came out for the 61st Progress Days with a free community parade, family activities, food and craft vendors, live music, rodeo events, community picnic and much more following the parade at Soldotna Creek Park.At the end of the weekend, Progress Days is about where Soldotna is and has come over the years. The events help us celebrate the past and look forward to the future. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Held annually the 4th weekend in July, Soldotna Progress Days is a celebration of the Soldotna community.
Click here to view the complete list of Eddie Awards winners. [pdf] Click here to view the complete list of Ozzie Awards winners. [pdf] The winners of the 2010 Folio: Awards, the largest competition for magazines, were announced today to a sold-out audience at Sentry Center in New York City. Folio:’s Eddie and Ozzie awards recognize the best in editorial and design excellence.
Facebook Tags Originally published Aug. 2, 3:31 p.m. PT.Update, 3:47 p.m.: Adds information about where the rebranding will appear. Share your voice Mobile Tech Industry Facebook said Friday that it plans to rebrand Instagram and WhatsApp. Angela Lang/CNET Facebook plans to rebrand Instagram and WhatsApp so users know they’re from the social network, a move that highlights how the company is exerting more control over its acquisitions. The apps will say “Instagram from Facebook” and “WhatsApp from Facebook.””We want to be clearer about the products and services that are part of Facebook,” Bertie Thomson, a Facebook spokeswoman, said in a statement Friday. She said the change is currently rolling out slowly and more and more users will start to see the rebranding. The rebranding will appear on Instagram’s and WhatsApp’s login screens and in app store descriptions for the two apps, Thomson said. The Information, which earlier reported the rebranding, cited three people familiar with the matter and said some employees are surprised and confused about the upcoming change.Facebook, which has been dealing with a series of privacy and security scandals, allows Instagram and WhatsApp to operate independently and the apps don’t bear the Facebook name. But the apps are also going to become more intertwined with one another in the future. The social network is trying to make it possible for users who use Facebook Messenger, Instagram direct message and WhatsApp to send messages to each other without having to switch apps.Though Facebook purchased both apps years ago, many consumers don’t know the social network owns both Instagram and WhatsApp. The change comes as the Federal Trade Commission is investigating Facebook over antitrust concerns. The FTC is looking into whether Facebook’s purchases of companies such as Instagram and WhatsApp were part of a strategy on the part of the social media giant to stifle competition, according to a report this week from The Wall Street Journal. Post a comment 0
Thalapathy Vijay in Sarkar.PR HandoutVamsi Paidipally’s Telugu movie Maharshi is rumoured to remade in Tamil soon. Ilayathalapathy Vijay is said to be playing the lead role essayed by superstar Mahesh Babu in the original version.The trend in India cinema is that some movies get huge demand for their remake rights after they register critical and commercial success. But it is a rare scene where a film gets it even before its release in the cinema halls. This feat is achieved Mahesh Babu’s Maharshi, which is scheduled for worldwide release on May 1. Thanks to the hype and curiosity generated by its promos.It rumoured that a not Kollywood producer is impressed with the songs, posters and teaser of Maharshi and he has approached the makers of the movie for its remake rights even before the film hit the screens. He is said to have planned to adopt this Telugu movie to Tamil with an A-list star in the lead role.It is known that Vijay has earlier acted in the Tamil remake of Mahesh Babu’s hit movies like Pokkiri and Okkadu. Like Prince, Thalapathy has been starring movies with a message to society for the last few years. Maharshi is also a message-oriented romantic action drama. Hence, Vijay is expected to act in Tamil remake of this film. It will be very interesting to see Vijay if he gives his consent for this project. Mahesh Babu in MaharshiTwitterVijay is currently busy shooting for his upcoming movie Thalapathy 63. He may not accept the remake of Maharshi for two reasons. Firstly, of late he has stopped acting in remakes, rather he is working with young directors, who are coming up with fresh scripts. Secondly, Mahesh has a good fanbase in Tamil Nadu and his 25th film will release in a good number of screens there. Hence there is no point in remaking it.Maharshi is produced by Dil Raju, C Ashwini Dutt and Prasad V Potluri under the banners Sri Venkateswara Creations, Vyjayanthi Movies and PVP Cinema. Mahesh Babu and Pooja Hegde are seen in the lead roles, while Allari Naresh and Ananya and Meenakshi Dixit essay in prominent roles in the movie, which has Devi Sri Prasad’s music and KU Mohanan’s cinematography.