The development of tourism, in addition to numerous benefits, necessarily brings with it certain consequences such as a significantly increased volume of waste left by tourists to hosts, increased consumption of water, detergents, spatial usurpation and a number of other undesirable consequences. Tourism in Croatia generates almost 20 percent of GDP and in this respect represents a significant economic branch. With higher sales of domestic food in tourism, furniture and other inputs, tourism would generate the development of certain industries that certainly have room for growth. When we talk about tourism in protected areas, we must expect strong growth with great caution. With its 8 national parks and 11 nature parks, Croatia is an “oasis” of Europe. Plitvice Lakes National Park is, along with Dubrovnik, the strongest Croatian brand. However, there are other national parks such as NP Krka, NP Brijuni and NP Mljet, which indicate the number of visitors from year to year that Croatia, except for the beautiful sea and beaches, is widely recognized for its protected areas. Continental parks each year show a growing interest in visiting, both locals and world visitors. After the introduction, a presentation on the topic of protection of natural areas through responsible tourism development is planned, which will be held by Izidora Marković Vukadin from the Institute of Tourism. Such points are the basis for the development of continental tourism, and since for some Parks this is just the beginning, it is the right time to point out the necessary model of sustainable tourism development that includes environmental care, cooperation with local producers and promotion of natural and cultural heritage. Plitvice Lakes National Park on Tuesday, May 14.05.2019, XNUMX. at the Hotel Jezero, organizes the Conference “Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas of the Republic of Croatia”, which will host experts in the field of sustainable tourism. Two panel discussions will follow the conference. Gari Cappelli, Tomislav Ćorić, Tomislav Kovačević and Assistant Minister of Culture Davor Trupković will take part in the first panel discussion entitled “Framework for the Development of Sustainable Tourism”. The second panel discussion “Sustainable tourism in practice” will be attended by Assistant Minister of Environment and Energy Igor Kreitmeyer, Dean of the Faculty of Management in Tourism and Hospitality from Opatija Dora Smolčić Jurdana, FEEL IQM owner Đurđica Šimičić and Deana Stipanović, Corporate Affairs Director Valamar Rilamar dd Applications for the conference are still open for a short time via email.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Some 50,000 PCR (polymerase chain reaction) COVID-19 test kits from South Korea are expected to arrive at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport on Sunday afternoon, the Indonesian Embassy in Seoul has said. The embassy announced on Sunday that the PCR diagnostic kits had been donated by four companies under South Korea’s LG group, namely LG Electronics, LG Chem, LG Innotek and LG International Indonesia.The kits were sent from Seoul on Garuda Indonesia flight GA879 directly to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Greater Jakarta. The Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) expressed gratitude for the LG group donation.”Here we can see that LG is not only an investor but also Indonesia’s best friend. We certainly hope that the current solid ties between the two countries will become stronger,” BKPM spokesperson, Tina Talisa said in a written statement on Tuesday.Experts consider PCR tests the “gold standard” of COVID-19 testing. Rapid tests, though faster, are less accurate.According to the Health Ministry, only 9,712 people nationwide had undergone PCR testing as of Saturday. Of those tested, 2,092 have tested positive, while 7,620 have tested negative.Topics :
Read also: Airport operators pivot to cargo services to survive pandemicFarida said the student had a document issued by a West Java Health Agency laboratory on June 21 showing a positive PCR result.The Soekarno-Hatta Airport Health Office did not immediately respond to The Jakarta Post’s request for comment.West Java Health Agency head Berli Hamdani confirmed that the passenger was a Sorong resident who was studying in West Java.“[The passenger] is not a resident of West Java but is studying here. But students here have been asked to study at home for a while now,” Berli told the Post on Monday.Berli declined to say whether the student should have been self-isolating but said that local health agencies had been monitoring COVID-19 patients to ensure that they were isolating either at hospitals or in their homes.“[The case] is still being studied by the provincial health agency. As soon as we have clear details, we will inform the public,” he said.Topics : He added that Garuda had disinfected the aircraft and had requested that the cabin crews on duty that day self-quarantine.“We will conduct intensive coordination and communication regarding the follow-up to this incident in order to ensure that health procedures for flights during the new normal transition period run optimally,” Irfan said.Sorong Airport Health Office coordinator Farida Tariq said that health officials had discovered that the passenger, a 20-year-old student, had tested positive for the virus during a routine health document check conducted upon arrival at Domine Eduard Osok Airport in Sorong on Saturday.According to the latest government regulations on air travel, all prospective passengers must provide documents showing a negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or rapid test result before being allowed to fly. A passenger who was allowed to board a Garuda Indonesia flight from Jakarta to Sorong, West Papua, despite having recently tested positive for COVID-19 had been cleared for travel by health authorities, the national flag carrier has said.“All passengers on the flight received validation and clearance from relevant authorities regarding compliance with health requirements for flight passengers,” Garuda president director Irfan Setiaputra said in a statement on Sunday.Flight GA 682 had also followed physical distancing protocols, with passengers limited to 62 percent of total capacity, Irfan said.
Latvian Freeport of Riga Authority has become a member of Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the world’s largest cruise industry association.As explained, membership in this organization will open a path for closer cooperation between the Freeport of Riga Authority and the world’s largest cruise line operators, thus facilitating the development of the cruise sector in the port.“CLIA represents all aspects of the global cruise industry, and membership ensures an opportunity to meet and successfully establish business contacts, which will sooner or later transform into interest showed by cruise line operators in the Port of Riga and the inclusion of Riga in new routes,” Edgars Sūna, Deputy CEO of the Freeport of Riga for development matters, commented.Moreover, within the framework of CLIA, it is possible to meet and address the decision-makers of cruise line operators, which is particularly important for the Port of Riga, the port authority said.Currently, more than 20 cruise lines are calling the Port of Riga, the port’s data shows.Riga has been witnessing a growing number of ships of new cruise line operators coming to the port. On June 20, the port welcomed the cruise ship Queen Elisabeth. The operator, British company Cunard Line, entered Riga for the first time.
MANILA – The Senate honored the contributions of Negrense award-winning film director Peque Gallaga who passed away at the age of 76.The senators adopted P.S. Resolution No. 398 on May 11 to offer their condolences to the loved ones of Gallaga who was best known for his 1982 film “Oro Plata Mata.” “Gallaga also harnessed the talents of many artists in the industry,” added the senator who has Negrense roots in Kabankalan City.Senator Imee Marcos, who worked with Gallaga as an executive director of Oro Plata Mata, also paid her respect to the Negrense director. Aside from Oro Plata Mata, other award-winning works of Gallaga include “Scorpio Nights,” “Magic Temple,” the “Shake, Rattle and Roll” films, and “Magic Kingdom.”The Negrense filmmaker passed away in Bacolod City on May 7 due to pneumonia, his family said./PN “We mourn his loss as we celebrate his legacy,” uttered the neophyte senator. GALLAGA. PUSH.COM.PH “It’s a great loss for the film industry. He was an incredible man with so many ideas. He was a visionary, and many of his films became favorites of the public,” Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri said during the plenary session.
Photo: Giant 96 NewsShelbyville, In. — A report from Giant 96 News in Shelbyville says the local Little Caesars Pizza store has been closed after an investigation into the manager.The former employee, Sasha Fletcher, and her boyfriend, Joshua Parson, are both suspected of buying and selling heroin at the business and preparing food with open sores. Fletcher, who has been fired, tested positive forHEPC. Reports indicate Parson is not an employee but Fletcher allowed him to prepare food.Photo: Giant 96 NewsEarlier this week police found paraphernalia and heroin residue in their vehicle parked at the restaurant. During the arrest, police noted both appeared to be under the influence of narcotics. Both have been charged with possession of a syringe and possession of heroin.Company officials say the location will be closed until it is completely cleaned and inspected by the Shelby County Health Department.
RelatedPosts Governor’s Aide, MD battle over control of Nasarawa Urban Development Board COVID-19 stimulus: 16 states receive N1.6b World Bank grant — NEC Nasarawa United snaps midfield maestro Chineme Martins, Nasarawa United Football club defensive player, on Sunday slumped and died during the 2019/2020 Nigeria Professional Football League Match Day 23 encounter with Katsina United at the Lafia township stadium. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the defender had suddenly slumped at the extra time of the first half of the encounter while the ball was at the opponent’s half. NAN reports that efforts by medical personnel at the stadium to revive the player was not successful and he was rushed to Dalhatu Araf Specialist Hospital, Lafia. Dr. Hassan Ikrama, Chief Medical Director of DASH, later confirmed to NAN via telephone that the player had died. Nasarawa United won the match 3-0 through a hat trick by Chinedu Ohanachom, who scored in the 54th, 61st and 88th minutes. The incident was witnessed by Governor Abdullahi Sule; and Secretary to the State Government, Aliyu Tijani, among other top government functionaries who came to watch the match. Speaking to newsmen on the development, Sule expressed sadness and sympathised with the family and friends of the deceased. He said government would do everything to support the family. Meanwhile, the club’s management was yet to issue an official statement over the incident. Tags: Abdullahi SuleAliyu TijaniChinedu OhanachomChineme MartinsDalhatu Araf Specialist HospitalDr. Hassan IkramaKatsina UnitedNasarawa United
Ferguson is set to hold a press conference on Tuesday to officially launch his new book. It is expected to contain some typically forthright views on a variety of topics and personalities in the game, including memories of his long rivalry with Gunners boss Wenger. The pair have been through their fair share of confrontations – including the infamous ‘Pizzagate’ episode at Old Trafford in October 2004 where representatives from both sides were involved in an ugly fracas following the end of Arsenal’s unbeaten run after 49 games. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger joked that everyone in football “feared the worst” about what former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson might have to say about them in his forthcoming autobiography. The relationship between the pair mellowed in the seasons before Ferguson’s retirement but Wenger will be just as keen to know what revelations are included as the rest of the football world. “We all fear the worst!” Wenger said at Monday’s press conference ahead of the Champions League tie against Borussia Dortmund. “I think it is good that he makes a book. “Maybe he does not have enough time to think about his whole career, it is a bit short between the moment he stopped and the moment he brings his book out. “But maybe there are some other books coming later, so it is an autobiography there could be two, three or four (versions) of it.” United have failed to be consistent under new manager David Moyes, with the 1-1 draw against Southampton on Saturday leaving the Red Devils down in eighth place. Wenger hopes people will not continually look back to what Ferguson achieved and instead look to the future with optimism for more success. “You do not want his personality to be a handicap for the club, you want him to be remembered as someone who has done extremely well for the club,” Wenger said. “It is rather to be a positive influence on Manchester United.” Press Association
Jack Nicklaus has backed Rory McIlroy’s decision to miss this week’s Memorial Tournament and predicted the world number one will not do so too often in the future. McIlroy missed his second consecutive halfway cut at Royal County Down, despite saying he felt “refreshed” following a similarly early exit from the BMW PGA Championship, but Nicklaus has no issues with the 26-year-old sticking to his schedule after playing five weeks in succession. “Most of the guys who aren’t here this week have come to me and said ‘Jack I’ve got this problem,'” Nicklaus told a pre-tournament press conference on Wednesday. “I said ‘Hey wait a minute, don’t worry about us, you’ve got to do what’s right for you’. I ended up having to make those choices at times, what was right for me. I respect what the guys have to do and how they are pulled from so many directions, and for the most part the guys have been here.” McIlroy has played in the Memorial every year since making his debut in 2010, achieving a best finish of joint fifth in 2011, a fortnight before winning his first major title in the US Open. The Northern Irishman wrote to Nicklaus to explain his decision, only to bump into the man himself at the Bears Club near his home in Florida. “He came to me and talked to me and said he was in a pickle,” Nicklaus added. “I said ‘Rory, don’t worry about it. You and I are very close, we have no issues. If you have stuff you gotta do in Ireland, you got to do what’s right for you. You gotta get yourself ready for the US Open’. “And that’s fine with me. And from the way I handled it, I don’t think you will see Rory miss here very often.” Speaking before winning the Wells Fargo Championship by seven shots last month, McIlroy said: ” The first thing he said to me was that he’d received my letter and I said to him that I wanted to write to you rather than phone or just advise the (PGA) Tour, so he seemed pretty taken back to get my letter and that made me also feel good. With Nicklaus founding and hosting the event at Muirfield Village, most of the world’s top players usually make the trip to Ohio to effectively pay tribute to the 18-time major winner. Masters champion Jordan Spieth, Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are all in the field, while Players Championship winner Rickie Fowler is also competing on the back of last week’s appearance in the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open. Press Association “I have played the Memorial every year since coming over here so he was happy and I told him I’m already looking forward to the event next year.” Woods is seeking his sixth win at Muirfield Village and comes into the event having spent two days practising at Chambers Bay, venue for the US Open in a fortnight’s time. The 39-year-old has not played since finishing 69th in the Players Championship on May 10, which was just his fourth tournament of 2015 following a month off to work on his game after a career-worst 82 in the Phoenix Open and an injury-withdrawal from the Farmers Insurance Open. Woods told reporters he was “more confident” in his game than he was at Sawgrass, adding: “I feel good about the changes we’ve made. It’s still evolving, but getting better.” Speaking about his trip to Chambers Bay, Woods said he had taken seven hours to play 18 holes on Monday and played the course again on Tuesday, noting that USGA executive director Mike Davis has said players would need to spend more time than usual preparing to tackle a relatively unknown layout with lots of different tees. “I thought that was interesting Mike would say something like that,” Woods said. “When Mike says something like that you have to pay attention because he’s a smart guy. “We spent a lot of time there, did a lot of homework. It’s very challenging because Mike has so many options. We don’t see this even at [the Open Championship] because the greens aren’t banked like this.”