Gaoth Dobhair broadcaster Áine Ní Bhreisleáin is presenting the new show Bladhaire in the RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta autumn schedule. Bladhaire means flame and is broadcast every Thursday and Friday from 3 pm – 5 pm.The magazine programme features a mix of entertainment, live music sessions in studio, interviews with Irish speakers around the world, events, music reviews, sports and more, and is produced by Damien Ó Dónaill. Sports legends including All-Ireland winning Kerry intercounty footballer Dara Ó Cinnéide, and Donegal’s own All-Ireland winning captain Anthony Molloy have been interviewed on the show in its first two weeks, and they’ve interviewed people from France to Canada.Áine Ní Bhreisleáin has been more familiar to listeners as a news journalist with the station, but she presented magazine show Barrscéalta during the summer, and she welcomes this new challenge.“I’m so delighted about the new series. It’ll be light and fun, with music, laughs and great chat with guests all over Ireland and abroad.“We’ll cover all kinds of things, from events to news stories, to campaigns, and more, and we’ll be hoping to attract some new younger listeners too. “People can follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for all the news and pictures, and to listen back to clips from the show.”Bladhaire is broadcast on RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta on Thursdays and Fridays 3 pm – 5 pmDonegal presenter to front new RTÉ RnaG programme was last modified: September 29th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Download the presentation at the Clarification briefing in PDF format:IntroductionLegacy campaign elementsMobilising stake holdersOnline elementsBrand alignment Tender Number 04/2010Invitation to submit information for the selection and appointment of a Reputation Management AgencyCLOSING DATE 3 SEPTEMBER 2010 AT 10H00Download document for full detailsTender Number 03/2010Invitation to submit information for the selection and appointment of a Brand Management AgencyCLOSING DATE 3 SEPTEMBER 2010 AT 10H00Download document for full details
16 April 2012 A new campaign, driven by the United Nations and backed by local companies, has been launched to improve safety on South Africa’s roads by changing the behaviour of both motorists and pedestrians. The “Think Pedestrian” campaign is expected to run for a decade, and hopes are high that it will curb the high number of road deaths in South Africa. In South Africa, Think Pedestrian is endorsed by logistics company Eqstra and the Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory, in support of Nelson Mandela Day. It will be piloted in KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape and Mpumalanga province.40% of road deaths pedestrians Speaking at the launch in Johannesburg last week, Transport Minister Sibusiso Ndebele said pedestrians accounted for more than 40% of deaths on South Africa’s roads. It is estimated that there are around 40 vehicle accidents a day and 14 000 a year countrywide. Ndebele said South Africa was seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. The number of road crashes over the Easter weekend, traditionally a dangerous time to be out and about, dropped to 181 from last year’s 215, according to preliminary statistics released by the Road Traffic Management Corporation.Community road safety councils However, he warned that there was still a long way to go, and urged South Africans to help the government achieve its 2020 goal of cutting road fatalities by half. Ndebele called on community members to join the road safety councils set up by the Department of Transport in their area. “They aim to work with communities in inculcating a culture of responsibility with regard to the use of the road.” The community councils were also tasked with identifying local road safety hazards, and getting people interested in helping to resolve them. Eqstra MD Murray Price said the Think Pedestrian campaign would consist of a range of campaigns designed to change road user behaviour.‘Attitude is the problem’ “The problem is not about how good or bad drivers and pedestrians are,” Price said “Attitude is the problem. We have to educate our people about the importance of observing the rules of the road. We can save lives by doing so.” Price said a task team would identify accident hotspots across the country’s roads as the campaign spread to other provinces. “We will be guided by the Department of Transport in identifying these places. From there we can evaluate the root cause of the problem.” The campaign would also include installing road signs and speed bumps and patching potholes in line with each area’s needs. A golf tournament would soon be launched to raise funds for the campaign. “It will be played annually until the 10-year period lapses,” Price said. Collins Letsoalo, acting manager of the Road Traffic Management Corporation, said road safety awareness campaigns run on an annual basis were already under way to support the Think Pedestrian campaign. One of the was Think Bike, an NGO run entirely by volunteers, that encouraged motorists to be considerate and tolerant of two-wheeled road users. Dr Francis Kasolo, representing the UN, said South Africa was setting the pace by launching the campaign a year earlier than many other countries. Source: City of Johannesburg
26 March 2014 A total of 29 political parties will contest South Africa’s national elections on 7 May, after four parties failed to submit all outstanding documentation and pay their election deposits ahead of Tuesday’s deadline. This is four fewer than the 33 parties which had provisionally indicated their intention to contest the national election last week. The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) said this still remains the highest number of parties to contest a democratic national election in South Africa’s history. The parties that failed to rectify their non-compliance in respect of the required election deposit for the national election are the African Unite Party, the Iqela Lentsango – Dagga Party, the Lekgotla for Democracy Advancement, and the South African Progressive Civil Organisation. “A total of 31 parties were issued with notices from the Electoral Commission last week indicating non-compliance of the requirements to submit candidate lists and pay deposits,” the IEC said. “These notices applied to documentation in respect of approximately 300 candidates.” The IEC said the other parties had submitted their outstanding documentation, which electoral officials will now process in preparation for the publication of the lists of candidates for each party (national, regional and provincial) for public inspection from 28 March. An abbreviated list of candidates will be published on the IEC website – www.elections.org.za – but for security reasons this will not include supporting documentation or ID numbers. The comprehensive list, including all supporting documentation, will be available for inspection at the IEC head office in Centurion during office hours (8am to 5pm) on Friday 28 March, Monday 31 March and Tuesday 1 April. The IEC said any objection to lists of candidates in terms of Section 30 of the Electoral Act (Act 73 of 1998) must be submitted to the Electoral Commission’s head office in Centurion in writing before 5pm on Tuesday, 1 April. Such objections must indicate the reason for the objection to a candidate and must show that a copy of the objection has also been lodged with the relevant political party. The Commission will rule on the objections by Monday, 7 April, and any appeals to the rulings must be submitted to the Electoral Court by 10 April. The final deadline for decisions of the Electoral Court is 15 April, following which the final list of candidates contesting the elections will be published on 22 April and certificates issued to candidates by 24 April. A revised set of ballot paper examples for the national and provincial elections is available on the IEC website. Source: SAnews.gov.za
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Since third grade, Chrysta Beck of Archbold has raised broilers and layers to sell meat and egg products to local customers. As she got older and joined FFA, she developed a supervised agricultural experience (SAE) that would look into the health of poultry. But what started as research to assist her with personal production goals soon developed into a project with a vastly larger scope. It focused on U.S. and global poultry production and welfare.American Star in Agriscience winner – Chrysta Beck, PettisvilleBeck’s work began when she was in ninth grade and started looking closely into broiler production factors and exactly how the birds grew. She also learned how to determine meat quality. By her senior year, Beck was investigating alternative methods for replacing antibiotics.“I was looking into the gut health of the chick,” Beck said. “I was looking into the microbiology of chickens and doing probiotic research.”In her lab trials, Beck has been testing different types of bacteria to determine their viability. Through in ovo technology, a probiotic is injected into a developing embryo prior to it having any contact with harmful bacteria in the external environment. This allows the chicken’s gut to contain beneficial bacteria when it hatches, rather than being subjected to harmful bacteria after hatching.“In theory, the harmful bacteria doesn’t have the opportunity to inhabit the broilers’ gastrointestinal tract, since a beneficial bacteria is already there,” Beck explains. “I want to help the bird from Day One to have an extra boost.”Beck says that from her work over the past six years she is discovering the future of the poultry industry and conducting studies she has only dreamed of. “It’s important that we have this research so we can understand the future of this industry,” she said.This research has earned her top honors as she has been named a 2017 American Star in Agriscience.Beck is currently studying at Mississippi State University and plans to return to theAmerican Star in Agriscience – Chrysta Beck, Pettisvilleindustry as a poultry vet. She credits her advisor and FFA Alumni for helping her and inspiring her interest. “FFA helped me with leadership skills and public speaking,” Beck said. “It was very beneficial.”For those looking to pursue an SAE, she offers the following advice: “Do not be afraid to try something different. Do not be afraid to stand out, even though it may be a little uncomfortable at the time.”Beck is the daughter of Beth Ann and David. She is a member of the Pettisville FFA Chapter, led by advisor John Poulson.
AussiesIs there a team that can stop Australia doing a hat-trick of World Cup wins? At the time of writing, they still have to play New Zealand in the Super 8 stage, and that should be a humdinger of a match. Though there is much talk of rivalry between Australia,AussiesIs there a team that can stop Australia doing a hat-trick of World Cup wins? At the time of writing, they still have to play New Zealand in the Super 8 stage, and that should be a humdinger of a match. Though there is much talk of rivalry between Australia and England, the Aussie dominance over England in recent years has been so complete that it is a surprise when England occasionally beat them. So is with South Africa.There are great similarities between Australia and South Africa. They have the same love for sport, the facilities for all sports are top class, the people are competitive and both have a fierce instinct in whichever sport they play against each other. But unlike rugby, the Proteas have never truly stretched the Aussies in cricket.But against their Trans-Tasman neighbour, New Zealand, the rivalry is to be seen to be believed. Somehow, even India-Pakistan encounters pale when one sees the intensity of passion when the Kiwis play the Aussies, especially in New Zealand. And that’s true in any sport. That the Kiwis beat the Australians in all three of the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy games will be rankling the Aussies to no end, and remember, the Kiwis did that by chasing 300-plus scores, which is a remarkable achievement indeed. The Aussies were without Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist, and Brett Lee got injured. So they were without top players and would want to prove that the defeat was the result of that and possibly because they were jaded after the Ashes series and the triseries that followed. Mind you, the Aussies are not for excuses but for results, and they will want to show who is the boss in no uncertain manner.advertisementDespite similarities, South Africa have never stretched Australia in cricket.It is this total dominance over other teams that does bring up the question of whether the Aussies are beatable in this World Cup. True, teams do have the odd bad day, but the Aussies have hardly been stretched in the matches they have played so far. So much so that the likes of Michael Hussey and Brad Hodge have not had to hit the ball in anger so far. The Aussies had to promote Hussey to open the batting against Ireland to give him some time out in the middle, and that’s a chilling thought for the bowlers as the tournament reaches the final week.South Africa claimed the last place for the semi-finals by romping home to a win over a listless England side. That means, barring an unexpected big margin loss by Australia to New Zealand, the Proteas will face the Aussies in the semi-finals. That may not be what they want, but if they catch the Aussies on the wrong foot, just imagine the confidence with which they will enter the finals. Though the Australians beat them quite easily in their group clash, the Proteas will keep rewinding to that astonishing chase of 434, which not only got them the world record for most runs, but also a one day series victory. Where the Proteas might find themselves short is the spin department, where they have nobody of international class.The other anticipated semi-final between New Zealand and Sri Lanka promises to be a much closer one than their Super 8 clash where the Lankans ran out easy winners. Both captains, Stephen Fleming and Mahela Jayawardene, are shrewd operators who know how to extract the maximum from their players. Fleming is in his third consecutive World Cup as captain, and is also in good form with the bat, which makes a huge difference when one is leading the side. Jayawardene, on the other hand, has been in patchy form, but is capable of the sublime innings that can turn the match around. He came in for plenty of flak for resting Chaminda Vaas and Muttiah Muralitharan in their Super 8 clash with Australia, but it was more to do with resting two senior players than a tactical ploy. Australia won that game easily. Some of the gloss was taken out of the win through the absence of Vaas and Murali.The one-day game does not allow too much scope for tactical moves, but captains have been using their spinners in a clever way. The ‘Powerplay’ also has been used intelligently, though Brian Lara got it horribly wrong against South Africa when he took the final one in the 44th over of their innings.As the tournament enters its final phase, tactics will count, but not as much as temperament and fitness. That is what invariably separates the men from the boys.advertisementFormer India captain Sunil Gavaskar will be writing an exclusive column for all through the World Cup.
APTN National NewsHundreds of people from the Ktunaxa Nation in southeast British Columbia came out to protest a proposed ski resort on their territory.The protest was not the first and its organizers say it won’t be the last.APTN National News reporter Noemi LoPinto has this story.
pic.twitter.com/MH2ApgzuSx— Josh Sánchez (@jnsanchez) July 20, 2017 Gotta wake bruh up immediately!! pic.twitter.com/1TB3blRekV— Side Niggas Inc. ⚡️ (@AubryBe2raw) July 20, 2017While such a mockery may have left other people upset, Conley responded by humorously comparing the incident to an episode of “Maury,” where talk show guests learn the paternity of their children. Jokes aside, Conley also maintained Myles was indeed his son in a scrolling Instagram post Thursday, July 20. Mikey Conley has been married to his wife, Mary, since 2014.(Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)Biracial children can be born with skin tones that are vastly different from their parents, but one group of Twitter users may not have been aware of that while crafting a post about the son of Memphis Grizzlies point guard Mike Conley.The Turf Talk Boys account posted a photo Tuesday, July 18, of Conley with his wife, Mary, and their toddler son, Myles Alex, claiming the child was born as a result of Mary cheating on her husband.Mr. Nice Guy Mike Conley at it again. He stayed with his wife after she cheated on him and had another man’s baby pic.twitter.com/OdgC5KgGSg— Turf Talk Boys (@Turf_Talk_Boys) July 18, 2017A flood of reactions buying into the tweet followed.that nigga tripping … hell nah— K A N E U S A (@CardoGotWings) July 19, 2017
Hurricane Jose Not A Threat to The Bahamas, For Now Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 05 Jan 2015 – The Bahamas Government in a move to close the gap between who has and does not have health insurance announced that is has come up with an initiative designed to take care of that 70% of the population without automatic care.The National Health Insurance concept in the Bahamas saw legislation passed in the House of Assembly last week to support its start up this month. The programme is dubbed, “NHI Bahamas” and according to official it will make health care throughout the archipelago modern, affordable, and accessible. Over this month that legislation will be released for public and stakeholder comments. As the government aims to get a national health insurance plan established, there are promises to shore up the current health care system which from time to time comes under fire. “Government continues Health System Strengthening (“HSS”) and has allocated $40 Million to upgrading facilities and systems. The HSS thrust is ongoing and includes extending clinic hours and opening more well equipped and staffed clinics throughout the country. HSS also includes plans for complete upgrade of the Princess Margaret Hospital and the Rand Memorial Hospital and opening mini hospitals in Islands such as Eleuthera and Exuma.” Bahamian music legend gunned down at home in Turks and Caicos Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Related Items:bahamas, NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE, Princess Margaret Hospital Bi-lateral talks with Bahamas to resume, UK gives green light to high-level TCI delegation