February 1, 2005 Regular News Campaign to promote certification Campaign to promote certification The Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization & Education recently launched a statewide strategic communication plan to raise public and lawyer awareness of the Bar’s board-certification program.The campaign, using certification program funds, is based on research about attitudes and opinions related to certification, according to Lisa Garcia, the public relations consultant hired to implement the plan, which includes:• An online resource kit for certified lawyers that includes media tips and PR strategies.• A streamlined link to the Bar Web site’s certification page at www.flabar.org/certification.• Media-relations teams of board-certified lawyers by market who generate story ideas, write Op-Ed articles, and serve as interview contacts.• Ongoing news promotion to consumer reporters statewide.• The creation of a bimonthly e-newsletter for certified lawyers.• Redesign of the BLSE’s exhibit booth for Bar meetings.• Providing information to lawyers to dispel myths about the certification process and encourage applications.“The Bar’s Public Information Department oversees the campaign,” Garcia said. “All of our implementation tactics complement overall Bar communication strategies as approved by the Communications Committee.”Garcia said the BLSE created the communication plan to encourage the growth of certification by demonstrating its value to consumers, lawyers, employers, and referral sources and educate consumers of legal services about lawyer specialization so they can make informed choices in selecting a lawyer. The plan also will clarify the value of standards for certification so the Bar and Supreme Court can consider them in implementing certification programs, she said.“Florida’s ratio of certified lawyers to eligible attorneys is one of the nation’s highest,” Garcia said. “Raising awareness about the program can result in greater numbers of certification applicants and can give consumers more information to assist in their selection of attorneys.”For more information about the certification plan, contact Garcia at (850) 561-5769 or [email protected]
First boxing competition in Somalia since civil warMogadishu, Somalia | AFP | Somalia has held its first boxing competition in more than three decades, with young fighters in the conflict-torn nation dreaming of a career in international rings.The three-day lightweight boxing competition that wrapped up Sunday took place in the capital Mogadishu, where athletes squared off in a ring set up on a basketball court surrounded by ruined buildings that bore witness to the country’s long conflict.The fighters were cheered by dozens of enthusiastic residents of the capital, many of whom had never seen or heard of boxing before in a country where football and basketball are far more popular, even before the war when such competitions were rare.“Boxing in Somalia stopped after the civil war and it is now reviving with the fact that the country is recovering from the war,” said Awil Gelle Ahmed, deputy chairman of the country’s national boxing federation.The last Somali competition he could recall was in 1982.“There are significant changes which affect the political and security situation of the country and this competition is part of the changes.”Ahmed said the competition involved four teams of two people, all from Mogadishu as “we don’t have access to other regions in the country.”The winner was 21-year-old Mustafa Mohamed Nur, who told AFP: “This was a big day for me, I have become the first Somali to win a boxing competition inside the country since the civil war.” Another fighter, 21-year-old Abdiasiz Ali Shirad, said he had begun boxing in 2014.“I want to become like Mohamed Ali and Malik Hawkins so that I can be a national boxer, this is my ambition and I want make my dreams come true,” he said.Somalia collapsed into civil war in 1991 and since then has endured successive rounds of conflict involving clan-based militias, foreign armies and, latterly, Al-Qaeda affiliated jihadists the Al-Shabaab who stage regular deadly attacks on the capital.Because of the conflict, many Somali athletes compete internationally for adopted nations.Britain’s most successful track athlete Mo Farah was a Somalian refugee, and title-winning female boxer Ramla Ali and her family fled Mogadishu during the war.“I’m very happy to see this development which was missing for a long time. Now that the boxing competition is back I think our boxers can compete with counterparts worldwide,” said spectator Mohamed Ahmed Abdulahi.Share on: WhatsApp
Online Wagering Provider Introduces Financial Stimulus Package for Horseplayers September 27, 2016 (Washington, PA) – This Election Season, leading online wagering provider, Xpressbet, is reminding all Americans about our nation’s great history with the sport of horse racing. In doing so, Xpressbet has introduced a Financial Stimulus Package for Horseplayers that includes discounted past performances, lucrative wagering bonuses and an industry-leading Sign Up Bonus for new customers. This Stimulus Package is earmarked for the millions of Americans who enjoy the thrill and excitement of a day betting the races. Xpressbet’s steadfast commitment to horse racing is evident in its Make America Bet Again Manifesto, a public declaration of intent to do everything possible to make horse racing one of the country’s most popular sports again. It reminds us that America’s forefathers, including George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson and Ulysses S. Grant, loved to watch, bet and participate in horse racing. Xpressbet has set up a website, www.MakeAmericaBetAgain.com, where horseplayers and fans can read the Manifesto and declare their support for the sport by sharing the Manifesto on social media. That belief is at the core of Xpressbet’s Financial Stimulus Package for Horseplayers, which includes: “Xpressbet believes in horse racing. This is the sport we love, and the sport we work tirelessly to grow, support and promote,” said Xpressbet President, Ron Luniewski. “While we don’t have a stake in the Election, we do have a stake in the future of horse racing and we think all Americans can agree that a day betting the races is a day well spent.” ‘Double Your Deposit’ Sign Up Bonus: Sign Up for an account using promo code VOTEXB and earn up to a $500 Bonus.Great 40 Million Points Giveaway: Customers can win 1 Million Bonus XB Rewards Points every day from October 1 – November 8.50% Off Past Performances: DRF Classic (TB) and TrackMaster Platinum Plus (HRN) Past Performances are 50% off. About XpressbetXpressbet provides legal and secure online wagering services to horseplayers in the United States. It is the industry’s most comprehensive and user-friendly wagering site, allowing customers to wager on more than 300 of the world’s best racetracks from their computer, phone or mobile device. Xpressbet operates XB SELECT, the industry’s premier destination for high-volume wagering, and XB Net, which connects bet shops and wagering sites from around the world to North American racing. Xpressbet is a Stronach Group company, which also owns and operates Santa Anita Park, Gulfstream Park & Casino, Golden Gate Fields, Portland Meadows, Rosecroft Raceway, Laurel Park and Pimlico Race Course, home of the world-famous Preakness Stakes. The company owns and operates the Palm Meadows Training Center in Florida, the award-winning Adena Springs operation, AmTote, a global leader in wagering technology, and Monarch Content Management, horse racing’s leading simulcast purchase and sales agent.
Roberto Di Matteo’s right-hand man Eddie Newton has told the Mail on Sunday that the duo have been given no clues by Chelsea about their futures.There has been speculation that interim boss Di Matteo believes he will either be overlooked for the manager’s job at Stamford Bridge or given the role on a one-year deal.But Newton insisted: “Nothing has changed. The situation is that we’re contracted to the end of the season, June 30th.“We’re still digesting what we’ve done. But nobody at the club is telling us anything.“We all want what’s best for Chelsea but we have absolutely no idea what the club thinks that is.”Should Di Matteo be given the Chelsea job? Click here to voteSee also: Di Matteo and Newton must stay, says former Chelsea manFollow West London Sport on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Tottenham boss Pochettino: No need to prioritise competitionsby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino says they won’t prioritise competitions this season.Their current run of four successive victories equals their best of the campaign and their manager is keen for them to avoid any slip-ups which may interfere with that, starting at home to Bournemouth today.”Two seasons ago when we were fighting with Leicester we went to the end but the gap was so big (they finished 11 points behind in third),” he said.”It wasn’t enough. Now we are close but we need to be cautious, go step-by-step, game-by-game.”We need to be conscious about that, we need to fight a lot, and there is still a long way for work and to be consistent.”Being involved in four competitions will be tough but we are going to try.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Danielle Rochette APTN National NewsMembers of the Atikamekw Nation in Quebec are very passionate about their future generations.They refer to their children as “Aswashish” which means light.A few years ago, the community was facing an exodus of their children to the outside world and non-Aboriginal foster homes.The council decided to put its own system in place.15 years later, the Nation is still struggling for recognition and [email protected]
OTTAWA – An increase in multi-unit projects such as condominiums, apartments and townhouses helped push the annual pace of housing starts in October higher, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. said Thursday.The housing agency said the seasonally adjusted annual rate of housing starts last month came in at 205,925 units, up from 189,730 in September.Economists had expected an annual rate of 200,000, according to Thomson Reuters Eikon.CMHC said the six-month moving average of the monthly seasonally adjusted annual rates was 206,171 in October, down from 207,809 in September.BMO Capital Markets senior economist Sal Guatieri said the housing market continues to stabilize after getting dinged by tougher mortgage rules earlier this year, and remains healthy despite higher interest rates.“The report confirms that national housing construction, though slowing, remains healthy and above long-run household formation rates, supported by solid demographic trends,” Guatieri wrote in a brief report.However, CIBC economist Royce Mendes noted the growth was due to the multiples component.“The fact that headline starts rose on the month is still a positive for tracking estimates of the economy,” Mendes wrote.“But given that it came on the back of an increase in multiples coupled with a drop in singles, means that the latest reading on starts may not prove sustainable. We still see the cocktail of tighter lending rules and higher interest rates as causing housing activity to become a drag on the economy come 2019.”The growth in housing starts in October came as the annual pace of urban starts climbed by 8.6 per cent to 191,964 units.The annual rate of urban multiple-unit projects increased by 16.8 per cent to 145,442 units. Urban starts for single-detached homes fell 10.7 per cent to 46,522 units.Rural starts were estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 13,961 units.Earlier this week, CMHC said it expected the real estate market to moderate over the next two years.In its annual outlook, the agency forecasted housing starts and sales to both decline in 2019 and 2020.It expects housing starts for single and multi-unit starts will fall to between 193,700 and 204,500 in 2019, while sales are expected come in between 478,400 and 497,400 units.Prices are anticipated to range from $501,400 and $521,600.
Lussier said that the Co-op received and matched several thousand dollars during last year’s fundraiser, and he hopes that residents will step up once again, especially after the provincial government announced that it would match all Red Cross donations up to $20 million until October 12th. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John Co-op is currently accepting donations to the Red Cross in support of B.C. wildfire evacuees, and will be matching all donations it receives.Co-op General Manager Brad Lussier said that residents wishing to make a donation to the Red Cross can do so at both Co-op locations in Fort St. John during regular business hours.Last year, the local Co-op held an identical fundraiser during the worst-ever wildfire season in the province, when over 1.2 million hectares of forests were consumed, forcing a cumulative total of 65,000 B.C. residents from their homes.
Dunlop 9 piece set plus the bag and zip cover.3 woods, 5 irons, a putterlime green and white golf ballsa black and white left hand golf glovewhite and yellow teesDescription of items:black and lime green Dunlop golf bagright handed#1 wood was a 13 degree with scuff marks on the bottom#4 wood has no coverA photo of the stolen golf clubs. Source RCMPOn April 11, RCMP received a report of a stolen bike which had occurred two days earlier from the bike rack at the Energetic Learning Campus.The bike is described as:Phantom 29 Super Cycle mountain bikeorange and black in colourmen’s sizedhas front suspensionA photo of the stolen bike. Source RCMPFort St. John RCMP continue to investigate the theft of these items. If you have any information regarding these thefts, you are being asked to contact the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8100 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John RCMP are seeking the public’s assistance in locating a couple of stolen items.On June 3, RCMP received a report of a stolen set of golf clubs from a vehicle which occurred during the overnight or early morning of June 1 to June 2.Stolen items:
Mumbai: World Cup hopeful KL Rahul slammed an unbeaten hundred, his first in the Indian Premier League, as Kings XI Punjab also rode on Chris Gayle’s pyrotechnics to post 197/4 in 20 overs against Mumbai Indians here on Wednesday. Rahul (100 not out off 64 balls) and Gayle (63 off 36 balls) joined hands for a 116-run opening wicket partnership to give the away side a blistering start. While Rahul hit six fours and six sixes, Gayle bludgeoned seven maximums and three sixes. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over ChandigarhGayle was dismissed in the 13th over after which Kings XI slowed down a bit. But Rahul ensured they get to a above par score by smashing Hardik Pandya 6-4-6-6 in the first four deliveries of the 19th over and then hit Jasprit Bumrah for a four and six in the final over as 38 runs came in the last two overs. Gayle, typically, took time to get going and it was only in the fifth over that the legendary West Indian changed gears by hitting Jason Behrendorff for three sixes and one four as the Aussue leaked 23 runs. Also Read – Vijender’s next fight on Nov 22, opponent to be announced laterKings XI were 50/0 at the end of Powerplay with both batsmen looking in ominous form. Rahul hit last match’s hero Alzarri Joseph for a delectable six and a four in the seventh over to continue his good form with the bat as Mumbai bowlers looked rudderless without captain Rohit Sharma who could not play due to an injury. There was no stopping Gayle as he plundered a six and two fours off Pandya in the ninth over which costed the home team 17 runs as Kings XI raced to 93/0 at the halfway stage. Gayle then brought up his 26th fifty in the IPL off 31 balls by smacking Krunal Pandya for a six in the 11th over. Punjab badly needed to break the partnership and Behrendorff did it, coming back to remove Gayle. Trying to hit another six, Gayle holed out to Krunal Pandya at deep midwicket. David Miller (7) did not last long, caught behind by Quinton de Kock off Hardik Pandya as the scoring slowed down. Karun Nair — playing in place of injured Mayank Agarwal — followed suit managing only five runs before nicking one to de Kock behind the stumps of Hardik Pandya. Sam Curran (8) tried to be cheeky but Bumrah got the better off him as the England all-rounder scooped one to de Kock. But just when it looked like Mumbai had successfully reined in, Rahul went berserk in the last two overs. Brief scores: Kings XI Punjab 197/4 (K L Rahul 100, Chris Gayle 63; Hardik Pandya 2/57) vs Mumbai Indians.